Friday, August 22, 2014

power carving placement

I have showed you how my set-up was yesterday so today I will show how this set-up allowed me to reposition the wood for detailing. I was able to position the wood various ways which made it easier to match with the rotation of the bit, I have found with power carving that this can be an issue and if you don't watch the rotation the wood can have a tendency to splinter based on rotation and pressure applied.

I think the pictures explain themselves but if there are any questions let me know. I have pondered cutting the edge of the angled wood so that it would be flat on the top, I also would mind the height being a bit shorter to give ease of the tool while carving. As soon as I post this I am heading to the garage to get a better feel for this idea and any other possible modifications.




 

 
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment