Sunday, August 31, 2014

2 more ornaments


Well the last day or two I have actually been fairly productive, carving wise. I got two more carvings done, these are from the 1 1/2 corner carvings. It is a simple process I explained it back on Wednesday, May 30, 2012, you can click on the date and it will take you to the posting explaining the process.


  So I have carved the two Santa ornaments and will look into painting in the no so distant future as I now have four and counting that need to be painted. I haven't painted something this small in a while so wasn't sure how well they would come out but overall I am really happy with the two of them. One of the carvings I have marked how I am considering placing the eyes, final decision is always based on how he looks when everything else is painted and what expression (of the eyes) matches the rest of the carving.

as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment