Friday, August 22, 2014

popwer carving placement pt 2

 
As mentioned earlier I have modified the lip of the boards that form the "V", now it gives me a smooth surface to hold the wood. This will also make it more comfortable if I am resting my wrist on the wood for whatever reason. I may do this to steady my hand if I am making a small detail cuts or it could be based on the placement of the wood on the V-table. I think the modifications to this will help improve keeping the wood still and will make a better table for this type of carving. I will test it out with a full piece as well but I can't think of any reason that it would be an issue.
 
On a side note I still have my carving knives for those who wonder if I have gone to the dark side of carving. But seriously I am having fun with this new form of carving and will continue to explore ways to do this but I will always carve with knives as long as my hands can handle it and no signs of them not being able to.



 
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment